- This website can be accessed at nyamatamu.co.ke, (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Deciphered Creation (Proprietary) Limited (“Nyama Tamu”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
- These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“registered user”). By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Website enables you to shop online for meat and related products(“Goods”), including wine. Please see Clause 11 for our policy on Liquor.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, NO. 46 OF 2012. Revised Edition 2016  (the “CPA“).
- These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which
- may limit the risk or liability of nyama tamu website or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- may compel the user to indemnify meat-online or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
- Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask nyama tamu website to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or nyama tamu in terms of the CPA.
- Nyama Tamu website permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are divided into three sections, as follows:
- Orders and Sales;
- General Legal Terms.
- Discrepancies and Queries
Please refer to our Returns Policy for more information about returning products (and related refunds or replacements). The Returns Policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these Terms and Conditions).
REGISTRATION AND USE OF WEBSITE
- Only registered users may order Goods on the Website.
- To register as a user, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to Nyama Tamu.You will need to use your unique username and password to access the Website in order to purchase Goods.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
- You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to notify Nyama Tamu immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised Nyama Tamu representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Nyama Tamu representative.
CONCLUSION OF SALES AND AVAILABILITY OF STOCK
- Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Nyama Tamu website may accept or reject. Whether or not meat-online accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by meat-online for the Goods.
- NOTE: Nyama Tamu website will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Nyama Tamu website come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from meat-online stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Nyama Tamu website will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Placing Goods in a shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold Nyama Tamu website liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by Nyama Tamu website, Nyama Tamu website will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after placing an order, Nyama Tamu website will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Goods.
- We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- Payment can be made for Goods via –
- CREDIT CARD: where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorisation is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorisation your order for the Goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: if you pay via direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 2 (Two) hours of placing your order. Nyama Tamu will not accept your order if payment has not been received;
- You may contact us via email at email@example.com to obtain a full record of your payment. Once you have selected your payment method and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
DELIVERY OF GOODS
- Nyama Tamu offers 2 (two) methods of delivery of Goods to you. You may elect delivery via:
- Nyama Tamu delivery; or
- Please see details of our delivery and shipping terms and conditions in our FAQ’s: Shipping and Delivery, which are incorporated by reference.
- Where it accepts your order, Nyama Tamu will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 3 (three) days following receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 2 (two) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
- Nyama Tamu’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. Nyama Tamu is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you. You acknowledge that most Goods delivered by Nyama Tamu are of a perishable nature and require refrigeration as soon as possible after delivery.
We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Discrepancies and Queries Policy.
VOUCHERS & COUPONS
- Nyama Tamu may from time to time make physical or electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”) and promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of Nyama Tamu Goods. Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
- Vouchers that are purchased by registered users are valid for 6 months after Sale. Vouchers that Nyama Tamu gives away for free are valid for the period stated thereon. In each case, if your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire.
- Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Vouchers or Coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased. If your Voucher value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
- Nyama Tamu is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or unauthorised distribution of a Voucher, after it has delivered the Voucher to you or the email address nominated by you.
- There are two types of Coupons; a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. KES50/- off (“FixedCoupon“), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon“).
- Coupons are issued in Nyama Tamu’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel or reject a Coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a Coupon has been distributed in an unauthorised manner). Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
- As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
- each Coupon can only be used once;
- only one Coupon can be used per order;
- only one Coupon can be used on the Website per person per promotion/campaign;
- Coupons with a percentage discount offer may only be used on purchases with a total cart value of less than KES2,500/-;
- a Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
- the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- Coupons cannot be used to buy Vouchers or other Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. Nyama Tamu is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or distribution of a Coupon.
- If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if the Coupon is still valid. If Nyama Tamu confirms that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
- You may be required to submit the original communication containing the Coupon code, and any other information reasonably requested by Nyama Tamu, before you are able to use a Coupon.
SPECIALS & OTHER DISCOUNTED GOODS
- Nyama Tamu may decide to offer discounted Goods for specific periods on the Website (“Specials”). However, Specials have a stock limit and may expire earlier if stock runs out.?
- Specials quantities are limited and as such, after a Special is sold out, those particular Goods may be available on the Website at their normal selling prices (but no longer as a Special).
- We do not guarantee a specific saving. The extent of the discount is at the sole discretion of meat-online.
- Only one of each Special may be purchased per customer.
- Adding a Special to your cart, or completing your order for a Special without paying for it, does not reserve the item for you. Nyama Tamu must receive payment from you for a Special, otherwise we will cancel your order.
- Nyama Tamu will reserve stock for customers in the order in which it receives payment.
- The List Price shown in respect of Specials and other discounted Goods is the recommended retail price based on our estimate of the retail market.
- Nyama Tamu sells liquor under liquor licenced business entities.
- It is an offence in terms of Kenyan liquor legislation:
- for any person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor and/or to present false evidence of his/her age in order to access liquor; and/or
- to purchase liquor for or on behalf of any person under the age of 18 years.
- Nyama Tamu is committed to comply with all applicable liquor legislation and therefore will only;
- sell liquor to you if you are of or above the age of 18 years; and
- deliver liquor to the address chosen by you if the liquor is received at such address by a person of or above the age of 18 years.
- Nyama Tamu has implemented a number of precautions to ensure that it does not sell, supply and/or deliver liquor to persons under the age of 18 years. These precautions may include without limitation:
- indicating on the relevant liquor product page on the Website that such liquor product is not for sale to persons under the age of 18 years;
- verifying your age by requesting you to enter your date of birth when purchasing, or attempting to purchase, liquor through the Website;
- verifying the age of the person receiving delivery of the liquor by requesting to see his/her identity document, passport or driver’s licence, if such person appears to be under the age of 18 years.
- Nyama Tamu may in its sole discretion refuse to sell or deliver liquor to any person if:
- he/she refuses to provide his/her date of birth or identification requested for purposes of verifying his/her age;
- it appears that he/she provided false information or evidence of his/her age in order to access liquor; or
- he/she appears to be intoxicated.
- Nyama Tamu is not licenced to sell liquor for resale and you may accordingly not purchase liquor from Nyama Tamu for the purpose of reselling it. Nyama Tamu reserves the right to cancel, or not to process, any order for liquor which it suspects will be resold, in addition to any other remedy it may have under these Terms and Conditions or at law.
- Nyama Tamu will not sell liquor exceeding a total weight of 200 kilograms to any one person in a single day.
- By purchasing, or attempting to purchase, liquor from Nyama Tamu, you hereby acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions, and agree to provide Nyama Tamu with truthful and accurate information and to comply with the applicable liquor legislation.
OWNERSHIP & COPYRIGHT
- The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are the property of Nyama Tamu, its advertisers and/or sponsors.
- You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to Nyama Tamu or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
- The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
- Whilst Nyama Tamu takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Nyama Tamu makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website. If any such representations or warranties are made by Nyama Tamu’s representatives, Nyama Tamu shall not be bound thereby.
- Nyama Tamu disclaims liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
- The Website and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- Any views or statements made or expressed on the Website are not necessarily the views of Nyama Tamu, its directors, employees and/or agents.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Nyama Tamu also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of meat-online, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. Nyama Tamu thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
LINKING TO 3RD PARTY WEBSITES
- This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites“) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and meat-online is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
- Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nyama Tamu cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, save where such liability arises from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Meat-online, its employees, agents or authorised representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of email to email@example.com.
- NYAMA TAMU WEBSITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE; OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, AND/OR UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
- YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY NYAMA TAMU AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOURSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kenya. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the Kenya courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and Nyama Tamu, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of Kenya, notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
- Nothing in this clause or the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
- Nyama Tamu, an e-Project for Deciphered Creation, hereby selects Arklinn Top Offices, Top Plaza Building 1st floor suite 9, Kindaruma road, off Ngong Road as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). Nyama Tamu may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
- You hereby select the delivery address specified with your order as your legal address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving meat-online not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post, telefax or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
- by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
- by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
- by telefax before 16h30 on a business day will be deemed to have been received, on the date of successful transmission of the telefax. All telefaxes sent after 16h30 or on a day which is not a business day will be deemed to have been received on the following business day; and
- by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. ALL EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST MAKE USE OF THE “READ RECEIPT” FUNCTION to serve as proof that an email has been received.
For the purposes of the KICA Act, Nyama Tamu’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website:
- Managing Company: Deciphered Creation, a partnership business registered in Kenya with registration number P051634685S
- Main business: Online meat and associated products retailer
- Physical address for receipt of legal service (also postal and street address): Top Offices, Top Plaza Building 1st floor suite 9, Kindaruma road, off Ngong Road.
- Phone number: +254 720 695 828
- Official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nyama Tamu may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
- You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
- Any failure on the part of you or Nyama Tamu to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor“) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee“) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and Nyama Tamu and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.